Congratulations to all the trophy winners in the Grand Prix series.
A cooler day and spot of rain saw 63 runners take to the start line for the longest race in the Grand Prix series (4 miles). 1st-time entrant Graham Hope Kidlington RC finished 1st in a very good time of 21.27. 1st women was Lucy Shelton of Abingdon A.C in a time of 26.30.
Notes about the point system for Grand Prix
1) Points for finishing 1st = 10, 2nd = 9
2) One point per race completed
In the event of a tie
- The runner who has done the most races takes precedent
- 4-mile race takes greater weighting than 3 mile race and 3 mile greater than 2 mile.
- Prizes for top 7 in each category
- Runners who missed out on top 7, but completed all three races get a 'finisher pendant.'
- Prizes will be given out at the final race of the season on 17 June (3 miles)
Any corrections to tejvan(at)cyclinginfo.co.uk