Photos of race: Clive Jones Flickr
We look forward to seeing you on our final race - 27 June (3 miles) where we will have a prize ceremony for Grand Prix finishers (around 7.30pm - 7.45pm). The top five in categories receive a marble plaque award.
Grand Prix points
If points are tied. The position will be determined by:
- 1. Most races completed
- 2. Fastest time in four mile
- 3. Fastest time in three mile
Another good race. The rain held off and we had good running conditions. Congratulations to Matthew Rallison (London Heathside) with a very good time of 15.48, and first lady Harriet Howard (Witney Road Runners) with a time of 21.02.
We also had a short ceremony to mark the 35th anniversary of the Sri Chinmoy Peace Mile.
Results are provisional. I will finalise it tomorrow. Any corrections let us know.
- Just to clarify for future races. If you have paid for the full series of races, please re-use your number (though don't worry if lost, we can replace).
- However, if you enter individual races, you will need a new number for each race.
- If you were not able to enter the race series (because the system said it is full) let me know, and I can manually make sure you get four races for the price of three.
After two year gap, it was great to see familiar faces and new runners return to the Sri Chinmoy Peace-Mile at Cutteslowe Park for our first 2 mile race in our self-transcendence summer series. We experienced a record turnout with 92 runners set off and completed the course.
Congratulations in particular to Aaron Burgess (Oxford City) with a winning time of 10.57; and first lady Kate Allred (Eynsham Road Runners) in a time of 13.04.
Weather Conditions for race
Broken clouds, 17°C, Feels like 17°C, Humidity 76%, Wind 11mph from SSW
Enter next races
Our next races can be entered online. If you wish to enter a junior and get the junior discount, email me directly and you can pay on the day.
I took video of finishers. There is video here.
The results are attached, any issues, please feel free to contact and will amend.
Strava and new course
The slightly modified course seems to be closer to an exact mile. According to Strava GPS it is 2.02 miles. We also measured it at a mile. (The previous course was hard to do because of the way the grass was cut.)