Run and Become Sri Chinmoy 5k Silverknowes Edinburgh
Incorporating the Tru Wealth Scottish 5km Road Race Championships
About the event
We have now rescheduled this race to Friday 7 August 2020 and are really looking forward to seeing you all then.
Entries for the original 1st May date are full with a waiting list. As long as places remain on the waiting list you can sign up. Please keep checking as places may become available.
Incorporating the Tru Wealth Scottish 5km Road Race Championships, the Run and Become 5km road race at Silverknowes is acknowledged as one of the most competitive in depth short road races in the Scottish calendar.
Whatever your standard, the momentum of this event from start line to the finish line seems to bring the best out of everyone and gets the adrenaline flowing. Whether you are challenging for national medals,or intent on lowering that recent or longstanding PB, this race will offer the opportunity that you are looking for.
Start: Silverknowes Esplanade, by the Boardwalk Beach Club, 50 Marine Drive EH4 5ES
- For 2020 there will be separate mens and womens races;
- Mens race starts 7.30pm Womens race starts 7.35 (TBC);
- Out and back flat 5k course along the banks of the River Forth;
- Perfect for fast times and PBs;
- Incorporates Tru Wealth Scottish Athletics 5k Road Race Championships
- Entry Limit 700
- Race Awards:
- trophies to first 3 men and women under 40
- trophies to 1st M and F Jnr; 1st Male and Female Vets: 50, 60, 70
- Scottish Athletic Championships medal - full details here
Drone Footage of 2019 Race
- 7.30pm Mens Race (TBC)
- 7.35 pm Women (TBC)
- £11 SA affiliated
- £13 unaffiliated
- Scottish Athletics permitted event
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...