Run and Become 5k Scottish Championship
Friday night race. Chip timing. One of the most competitive short road races in the Scottish calendar!
About the event
2020 race date is Friday 1 May at 7.30pm. Full entry details from end of January.
Incorporating the Scottish 5km Road Race Championships, the Run and Become 5km road race at Silverknowes is acknowledged as one of the most competitive in depth short road races in the Scottish calendar.
Whatever your standard, the momentum of this event from start line to the finish line seems to bring the best out of everyone and gets the adrenaline flowing. Whether you are challenging for national medals,or intent on lowering that recent or longstanding PB, this race will offer the opportunity that you are looking for.
Start: Silverknowes Esplanade, by the Boardwalk Beach Club, 50 Marine Drive EH4 5ES
- Out and back flat 5k course along the banks of the River Forth;
- Friday night date;
- Perfect for fast times and PBs;
- Incorporates Scottish Athletics 5k Road Race Championships;
- Chip Timing
- Entry Limit 600
- trophies to first 3 men and women under 40
- trophies to 1st M and F Jnr; 1st Male and Female Vets: 50, 60, 70
- medal to every finisher
- £10 SA affiliated
- £12 unaffiliated
- Scottish Athletics permitted event
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...