London Races in Battersea Park
A fun series of races held in Battersea Park throughout the year: Monday evenings and Saturday mornings.
About the event
We are delighted to announce that we will be offering 8 races in Battersea Park in 2021.
Due to the present conditions, It is necessary for all runners to register online. Online registration will close 7 days before the race to allow for race numbers to be mailed out.
Secure bag drop will be available at Race HQ. All items must fit in one bag. A bag tag will be sent out to you with your race number.
Due to current Covid regulations, we cannot have a water station on the course. Please bring your own water.
1. Speedy Steeds 5K, 7pm, Monday 7th June.
2. Dashing Deer 5K, 7pm, Monday 14th June.
3. Kangaroo Hop 5K, 7pm, Monday 21st June.
4. Silver Starling 5K, 7pm, Monday 12th July.
5. Green Space 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 17th July
6. Hasty Hare 5K, 7pm, Monday 2nd August.
7. Autumn Dawn 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 23rd October.
8. Golden Leaf 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 20th November.
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team has been organising races in London since 1981. As a family of running enthusiasts we welcome competitive club runners, seasoned trailblazers, fitness lovers and novices. At all of our races you will experience a warm welcome, a supportive team of dedicated volunteers, efficient and professional race management and flat runner-friendly courses.
Location NEW since 2018: Find us next to the cafe and opposite Millennium Arena running track on East Carriage Drive SW11 4NJ. Accessible from Rosary Gate at junction of Queenstown Road and Prince of Wales Drive, turn right as you enter the park. Postcode of Rosery Gate: SW11 4BE
Alternatively enter via Chelsea Gate on Queenstown Road and use the path immediately inside the gate on the left to come around the back of the running track.
5K Course Records:
- Men under 50: 14:37 Jonny Hay, Aldershot & Farnham
- Women under 50: 16:34 Sophie Harris, Belgrave Harriers
- Men 50-59: 16:35 Tony Tuohy, Dulwich Runners
- Women 50-59: 17:21 Alice Riddell-Webster, Redditch & Bromsgrove
- Men 60-69: 18:41 Pete Crockford, London Heathside
- Women 60-69: 22:02 Ros Tabor, Dulwich Runners
- Men 70-79: 21:16 Michael Mann, Dulwich Runners
- Women 70-70: 25:13 Sue Lambert, Serpentine
- Men 80-89: 26:15 Cliff Collins, Vets AC
10K Course Records:
- Men under 50: 29:41 Malcolm Hicks, New Zealand
- Women under 50: 34:10 Una English, Havering Mayesbrook
- Men 50-59: 34:31 Tony Tuohy, Dulwich Runners
- Women 50-59: 41:54 Marie Synnott-Wells, Ranelagh Harriers
- Men 60-69: 36:18 Dave Cox, Woodford Green
- Women 60-69: 46:51 Jane Rowden, West 4 Harriers
- Men 70-79: 44:27 Michael Lehmann, Serpentine
- Men 80+ 61:03 Joe Aspinall, Vets AC
Registration Information: It is necessary for all runners to register online. NO bag drop will be available, so please come with as little surplus belongings as possible and make your own arrangements to keep them secure. The Race HQ, which is also the finish area, is a 500 metre jog from the start line. Entry on the day is NOT permitted.
We are inclusive of all members of the LGBT+ community and welcome entrants as Female, Male or Non-Binary. Only Male and Female categories will be captured in results for ranking purposes, however all non-binary times are captured in the overall race results. The reason for this is we must adhere to the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) Rules & Regulations.
- Category Winner Prizes
- Online results
- UK Athletics certified Course
- Minimum age: 15 yrs
- Toilets near start line
- Parking inside Rosary Gate Car Park or Chelsea Gate Car Park charge £2.70 (Parkmobile.co.uk)
- Showers are currently not available at Millenium Arena, but this may change during the summer
Inspiration: Our races focus on giving each runner a good experience: an opportunity to transcend their limits and achieve their personal goals. Our inspiration is Sri Chinmoy (1931-2007), the founder of our Marathon Team, who was not only an avid athlete and pioneer in the world of running and ultra-running races, but a teacher of meditation. He recognised the sport of running as a powerful way to develop concentration, confidence, determination, peace of mind and happiness.
Refund Policy: We are unable to refund cancelled entries but runners are welcome to postpose their entry to a future Sri Chinmoy race of their choice as long as we are notified 2 weeks before race day. Contact us via email [email protected]
We send out a prayer for all those who are suffering at this time and all those who are working hard to contain the situation. We wish you good health and well-being. Keep running.
- Registration must be ONLINE.
- Battersea Park Races: £8 (£6 Club)
- Relay £19.50/team of 3
- £13 (£11 Club) Only online registration
24 Hour Track Race
- 18th-19th September 2021
- Event page
ContactShankara Smith07734 298024Send Email
- First seven men & women
- First three Vet 50 men & women
- First two Vet 60 men & women
- First Vet 70 man & woman
- All races have UK Athletics Race Permits
- All our courses are UK Athletics Course Accuracy certified
- Results are recognised by Power of 10
- Race courses consist of loops within the Park; flat and traffic free.
- Race HQ opens an hour before the race, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
- On-the-day registration NOT available - please enter ONLINE.
- 10K and 5K all finish on East Carriage Drive near the Athletics Track, where the Race HQ is - near Pear Tree Cafe.
- The Battersea Relays are held along the South Carriage Drive - the HQ will be at the Start just inside Rosery Gate. Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea train stations.
- Start point varies according to the race distance (up to 400m from Registration)
- Parking is available in Rosery Gate Car Park or Chelsea Gate Car Park. Parking is free on Monday evenings; there is a charge on Saturday mornings.
- All Races are UKA Certified accurate, Permits have been obtained/applied for.
- (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE) Water station offers water, orange squash and energy drinks at each lap. CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE on race course due to UKA Policy during Covid. Please bring a bottle of water with you.
- There will be no Baggage Drop area due to present circumstances.
- There are 3 toilets within the park, the closest to Registration is 400m away close to the Bandstand.
- (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE) Showers at the Millennium Arena Sports Centre and Track (http://enablelc.org/bpma), approx cost £3.00
- Car Park is free on Monday evenings but costs approx £3 from 9am on Saturdays.
The HQ and Finish Line for all our 10K and 5K races is on the Carriage Drive East - near the Millenium Arena Athletics Track: 12 minutes walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea Park train stations.
Postcode: SW11 4NJ
By Car: Enter Battersea Park through Rosery Gate at the South East corner of the park, where Queenstown Road meets Prince of Wales Drive or at Chelsea Gate at the North East corner of the park. Proceed to East Carriage Drive on foot (5 minutes to Race HQ). Postcode is SW11 4BE.
By Train: Our HQ is a ten minute walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station (both overground lines). When you enter the park at Rosery Gate turn right at the T-junction just ahead and follow the road for approximately 300 metres to HQ and Registration.
By Tube and Bus: The nearest Tube station is Sloane Square (District and Circle Line). From Sloane Square Tube station walk 3 minutes to Lower Sloane Street and take Bus 137 from stop M. Get off after 3 stops at Chelsea Bridge (just over the bridge). Cross the road and enter the park (Chelsea Gate) turn immediately left down the path beside the railings, keep straight along the path till it comes out behind the athletics track, a bit further along it joins the Carriage Drive and our HQ is to the right. (SW11 4NJ) 10 min walk.
Comments & Course records
2020 Feb 22ndValentines 10K 22nd February 2020
Our first race in 2020 attracted 142 runners to Battersea Park on a windy February morning. Congratulations to Nick Bowker who came in first in 31:36. Laura Bohm won the Ladies race in 37:01. Our next race is the Mad March 10K 0n Saturday 21st March. See you there!
2019 Nov 30thGrizzly Bear 10K Saturday 30th November 2019
On a clear and frosty morning,193 runners crossed the finish line at the Grizzly Bear 10K. Well done everybody and thank you for another successful year of races!
2019 Oct 19thGolden Leaf 10K 19th October 2019
On a mild autumn day, as England were playing their quarter final game in the Rugby World Cup in Japan, 171 runners crossed the finish line in the Golden Leaf 10K in Battersea Park. Chris Wright was first in 31:12 and Stephanie Davis acheived a Personal Best and a Course Record in the Ladies race: 33:21. Well done everyone!
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...