London Virtual Races and Battersea Park Races
A fun series of races some Virtual and some held in Battersea Park throughout the year: Monday evenings and Saturday mornings
About the event
A SERIES OF VIRTUAL 2 MILE RACES ON MONDAYS IN JUNE, one 3 x 1 MILE RELAY, AND one VIRTUAL 10K RACE.
Run your own race, on a route of your choosing, adhering to Government guidelines on social distancing and safety. Measure your run on your own device.
2 MILE RACES: You can run your 2 miles anytime on the Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Register for each race before 5pm each Monday (GMT) and submit your time on Eventrac.co.uk before midnight on the Monday. Registration is free of charge.
RELAY: Form a team of 3 people. Each member of the team can run their 1 mile anytime on the Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Register for the relay by 5pm on Monday 21st June (GMT) and submit your time on Eventrac.co.uk before midnight on the same Monday. Registration is free of charge.
10K RACE: this 10K must be run on Sunday 21st June and time submitted by Midnight GMT. Register before 9:00 Sunday 21st June.
- June 1st: The Pacific Ocean 2 Miles(link is external)
- June 8th: The Southern Ocean 2 Miles(link is external)
BATTERSEA PARK RACES
All races in June have been CANCELLED due to current regulations and advice from UK Athletics. We are waiting to see if races in July and August will be possible.
We send out a prayer for all those who are suffering at this time and all those who are working hard to contain the situation. We wish you good health and well-being. Keep running.
- Virtual Races free.
- Battersea Park Races: £7 (£5 Club) + £1 on-the-day entry
- Relay £19.50/team of 3
- £12 (£10 Club) + £1 on-the-day entry
24 Hour Track Race
- 26th-27th September 2020
- £65 (Club £63)
- Event page
ContactShankara Smith07734 298024Send Email
- First seven men & women
- First three Vet 50 men & women
- First two Vet 60 men & women
- First Vet 70 man & woman
- All races have UK Athletics Race Permits
- All our courses are UK Athletics Course Accuracy certified
- Results are recognised by Power of 10
- Race courses consist of loops within the Park; flat and traffic free.
- Registration opens an hour before the race, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
- On-the-day registration available at all races except Relay. Entry fee £1 extra
- 10K and 5K all finish on East Carriage Drive near the Athletics Track, where the Race HQ is - near Pear Tree Cafe.
- The Battersea Relays are held along the South Carriage Drive - the HQ will be at the Start just inside Rosery Gate. Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea train stations.
- Start point varies according to the race distance (up to 400m from Registration)
- Parking is available in Rosery Gate Car Park or Chelsea Gate Car Park. Parking is free on Monday evenings; there is a charge on Saturday mornings.
- All Races are UKA Certified accurate, Permits have been obtained/applied for.
- Water station offers water, orange squash and energy drinks at each lap.
- Baggage can be left safely at Registration.
- There are 3 toilets within the park, the closest to Registration is 400m away close to the Bandstand.
- Showers are available at the Millennium Arena Sports Centre and Track (http://enablelc.org/bpma), approx cost £3.00
- Car Park is free on Monday evenings but costs approx £3 from 9am on Saturdays.
- Prizes are given out shortly after the race.
The HQ, Registration, Bag Drop and Finish Line for all our 10K and 5K races is on the Carriage Drive East - near the Millenium Arena Athletics Track: 12 minutes walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea Park train stations. The Battersea Relays will be held as before on Carriage Drive South with the HQ, Registration, Bag Drop and Finish Line all at the START just inside Rosery Gate.
Postcode: SW11 4NJ
By Car: Enter Battersea Park through Rosery Gate at the South East corner of the park, where Queenstown Road meets Prince of Wales Drive or at Chelsea Gate at the North East corner of the park. Proceed to East Carriage Drive on foot (5 minutes to Race HQ). Postcode is SW11 4BE.
By Train: Our HQ is a ten minute walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station (both overground lines). When you enter the park at Rosery Gate turn right at the T-junction just ahead and follow the road for approximately 300 metres to HQ and Registration.
By Tube and Bus: The nearest Tube station is Sloane Square (District and Circle Line). From Sloane Square Tube station walk 3 minutes to Lower Sloane Street and take Bus 137 from stop M. Get off after 3 stops at Chelsea Bridge (just over the bridge). Cross the road and enter the park (Chelsea Gate) turn immediately left down the path beside the railings, keep straight along the path till it comes out behind the athletics track, a bit further along it joins the Carriage Drive and our HQ is to the right. (SW11 4NJ) 10 min walk.
How to Enter
You can enter in advance online. On the day registration opens at the race HQ one hour before race start. There is a £1 surcharge for on the day entries. *NEW* We now accept credit cards for on the day entry.
ENTER ONLINE at www.eventrac.co.uk/event-organiser/sri-chinmoy-marathon-team
Comments & Course records
'Great race, really well organised and very friendly, with fabulous marshals who gave excellent support! Many thanks to all, I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to runners of any ability.'
2020 Feb 22ndValentines 10K 22nd February 2020
Our first race in 2020 attracted 142 runners to Battersea Park on a windy February morning. Congratulations to Nick Bowker who came in first in 31:36. Laura Bohm won the Ladies race in 37:01. Our next race is the Mad March 10K 0n Saturday 21st March. See you there!
2019 Nov 30thGrizzly Bear 10K Saturday 30th November 2019
On a clear and frosty morning,193 runners crossed the finish line at the Grizzly Bear 10K. Well done everybody and thank you for another successful year of races!
2019 Oct 19thGolden Leaf 10K 19th October 2019
On a mild autumn day, as England were playing their quarter final game in the Rugby World Cup in Japan, 171 runners crossed the finish line in the Golden Leaf 10K in Battersea Park. Chris Wright was first in 31:12 and Stephanie Davis acheived a Personal Best and a Course Record in the Ladies race: 33:21. Well done everyone!
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...