London Sri Chinmoy Races
A fun series of races held in Battersea Park throughout the year: Monday evenings and Saturday mornings
About the event
NEW LOCATION in Battersea Park. For 2018 our 5K & 10K races have a new Race HQ on East Carriage Drive near the Athletics Track. When you enter the Park at Rosery Gate, turn right (not left) and walk up to the HQ. The start and finish points for the 5K and 10K races have also changed.
Our Monday night races from June-August: These are 5K races on a fast, flat course, the perfect opportunity to test your speedwork or try out your first race. We also have a thrilling 3 x 1 mile relay - so start forming your team now. Monday evening races all start at 7pm, giving you time to leave work, put your running shoes on and finish your day in style.
Saturday races between February and December: 10K races starting at 8.30am.
We welcome runners of all abilities. Whether you are looking for a PB, maintaining your general fitness or embarking on your first race, we promise you a great atmosphere.
We accept entries online in advance and at the race on the day. Online registration is open till Friday 6pm for Saturday morning races and Monday noon for Monday evening races, and is £1 cheaper than entry at the race.
For those looking for a slightly bigger challenge, we hold a 24 Hour Track Race at Tooting Bec track each September - one of only two 24 hour track races held in the UK.
We are grateful to Run and Become, Become and Run for sponsoring all our races.
- Mondays June - Aug
- (see left for dates)
- £6 (£4 Club) + £1 on-the-day entry
- Relay £12/team of 3
- throughout year
- (see left for dates)
- £12 (£10 Club) + £1 on-the-day entry
24 Hour Track Race
- 22nd-23rd September 2018
- See link at foot of page
- £55 (Club £53)
ContactShankara Smith07734 298024Send Email
- First seven men & women
- First three Vet 50 men & women
- First two Vet 60 men & women
- First Vet 70 man & woman
- All races have UK Athletics Race Permits
- All our courses are UK Athletics Course Accuracy certified
- Results are recognised by Power of 10
- Race courses consist of loops within the Park; flat and traffic free.
- Registration opens an hour before the race, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
- On-the-day registration available at all races. Entry fee £1 extra
- 10K and 5K on the same course with NEW registration point, NEW start and finish points. They all finish on East Carriage Drive near the Athletics Track, where the new Race HQ is - near Pear Tree Cafe.
- The Battersea Relays are still held along the South Carriage Drive - the HQ will be at the Start just inside Rosery Gate. Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea train stations.
- Start point varies according to the race distance (up to half a mile from Registration)
- Parking is available in Rosery Gate Car Park or Chelsea Gate Car Park. Parking is free on Monday evenings; there is a charge on Saturday mornings.
- All Races are UKA Certified accurate, Permits have been obtained/applied for.
- Water station offers water, orange squash and energy drinks at each lap.
- Baggage can be left safely at Registration.
- There are 3 toilets within the park, the closest to Registration is a half mile away close to the Bandstand.
- Showers are available at the Millenium Arena Sports Centre and Track (http://enablelc.org/bpma), approx cost £3.00
- Car Park is free on Monday evenings but costs approx £3 from 9am on Saturdays.
- Prizes are given out shortly after the race.
NEW: The HQ, Registration, Bag Drop and Finish Line for all our 10K, 5K and 2 Mile Races are now on the Carriage Drive East - near the Millenium Arena Athletics Track: 10 minutes walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea Park train stations. The Battersea Relays will be held as before on Carriage Drive South with the HQ, Registration, Bag Drop and Finish Line all at the START just inside Rosery Gate.
Postcode: SW11 4NJ
By Car: Enter Battersea Park through Rosery Gate at the South East corner of the park, where Queenstown Road meets Prince of Wales Drive or at Chelsea Gate at the North East corner of the park. Proceed to East Carriage Drive on foot (5 minutes to Race HQ). Postcode is SW11 4BE.
By Train: Our HQ is a ten minute walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station (both overground lines). When you enter the park at Rosery Gate turn right at the T-junction just ahead and follow the road for approximately 300 metres to HQ and Registration.
By Tube and Bus: The nearest Tube station is Sloane Square (District and Circle Line). From Sloane Square Tube station walk 3 minutes to Lower Sloane Street and take Bus 137 from stop M. Get off after 3 stops at Chelsea Bridge (just over the bridge). Cross the road and enter the park (Chelsea Gate) turn immediately left down the path beside the railings, keep straight along the path till it comes out behind the athletics track, a bit further along it joins the Carriage Drive and our HQ is to the right. (SW11 4NJ) 10 min walk.
How to Enter
You can enter in advance online. On the day registration opens at the race HQ one hour before race start. There is a £1 surcharge for on the day entries.
ENTER ONLINE at www.eventrac.co.uk/event-organiser/sri-chinmoy-marathon-team
Comments & Course records
'Great race, really well organised and very friendly, with fabulous marshals who gave excellent support! Many thanks to all, I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to runners of any ability.'
2018 Feb 17thValentine's 10K 17th February 2018
Our first race of 2018 was attended by 131 enthusiastic runners on a splendid Spring day. The sun was shining brightly as Hugo Blatge stormed into the finish chute in 33:30. Melissa Gibson won the Ladies race in 39:52. Our next race is a 10K on Saturday 24th March. See you there!
2017 Nov 26thGrizzly Bear 10K 26th November 2017
Our last race of 2017 was the Grizzly Bear 10K. On a chilly winter morning with clear skies and a bright sun, 187 runners completed the course in Battersea Park. Ed Auden was the winner in 33:02 and Kristina Randrup was the first Lady home in 39:28. Congratulations to Ellie Osmond, 15 years old, who finished in 41:51. Thank you to all the runners - see you in 2018.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...
Other Upcoming Events