London Sri Chinmoy Races
A fun series of races held in Battersea Park throughout the year: Monday evenings and Saturday mornings
About the event
Our Monday night races from May-August: These are 5K races on a fast, flat course, the perfect opportunity to test your speedwork or try out your first race. We also have a thrilling 3 x 1 mile relay - so start forming your team now. Monday evening races all start at 7pm, giving you time to leave work, put your running shoes on and finish your day in style.
Saturday races between February and December: 10K races starting at 8.30am.
We welcome runners of all abilities. Whether you are looking for a PB, maintaining your general fitness or embarking on your first race, we promise you a great atmosphere.
We accept entries online in advance and at the race on the day. Online registration is open till Friday 6pm for Saturday morning races and Monday 12 noon for Monday evening races, and is £1 cheaper than entry at the race. Relay race entries close Friday 6pm, on-the-night entry not permitted.
For those looking for a slightly bigger challenge, we hold a 24 Hour Track Race at Tooting Bec track each September - one of only two 24 hour track races held in the UK.
We are grateful to Run and Become, Become and Run for sponsoring all our races.
- Mondays May - Aug
- (see left for dates)
- £7 (£5 Club) + £1 on-the-day entry
- Relay £19.50/team of 3
- throughout year
- (see left for dates)
- £12 (£10 Club) + £1 on-the-day entry
24 Hour Track Race
- 22nd-23rd September 2018
- See link at foot of page
- £55 (Club £53)
ContactShankara Smith07734 298024Send Email
- First seven men & women
- First three Vet 50 men & women
- First two Vet 60 men & women
- First Vet 70 man & woman
- All races have UK Athletics Race Permits
- All our courses are UK Athletics Course Accuracy certified
- Results are recognised by Power of 10
- Race courses consist of loops within the Park; flat and traffic free.
- Registration opens an hour before the race, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
- On-the-day registration available at all races except Relay. Entry fee £1 extra
- 10K and 5K all finish on East Carriage Drive near the Athletics Track, where the Race HQ is - near Pear Tree Cafe.
- The Battersea Relays are held along the South Carriage Drive - the HQ will be at the Start just inside Rosery Gate. Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea train stations.
- Start point varies according to the race distance (up to 400m from Registration)
- Parking is available in Rosery Gate Car Park or Chelsea Gate Car Park. Parking is free on Monday evenings; there is a charge on Saturday mornings.
- All Races are UKA Certified accurate, Permits have been obtained/applied for.
- Water station offers water, orange squash and energy drinks at each lap.
- Baggage can be left safely at Registration.
- There are 3 toilets within the park, the closest to Registration is 400m away close to the Bandstand.
- Showers are available at the Millennium Arena Sports Centre and Track (http://enablelc.org/bpma), approx cost £3.00
- Car Park is free on Monday evenings but costs approx £3 from 9am on Saturdays.
- Prizes are given out shortly after the race.
The HQ, Registration, Bag Drop and Finish Line for all our 10K and 5K races is on the Carriage Drive East - near the Millenium Arena Athletics Track: 12 minutes walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea Park train stations. The Battersea Relays will be held as before on Carriage Drive South with the HQ, Registration, Bag Drop and Finish Line all at the START just inside Rosery Gate.
Postcode: SW11 4NJ
By Car: Enter Battersea Park through Rosery Gate at the South East corner of the park, where Queenstown Road meets Prince of Wales Drive or at Chelsea Gate at the North East corner of the park. Proceed to East Carriage Drive on foot (5 minutes to Race HQ). Postcode is SW11 4BE.
By Train: Our HQ is a ten minute walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station (both overground lines). When you enter the park at Rosery Gate turn right at the T-junction just ahead and follow the road for approximately 300 metres to HQ and Registration.
By Tube and Bus: The nearest Tube station is Sloane Square (District and Circle Line). From Sloane Square Tube station walk 3 minutes to Lower Sloane Street and take Bus 137 from stop M. Get off after 3 stops at Chelsea Bridge (just over the bridge). Cross the road and enter the park (Chelsea Gate) turn immediately left down the path beside the railings, keep straight along the path till it comes out behind the athletics track, a bit further along it joins the Carriage Drive and our HQ is to the right. (SW11 4NJ) 10 min walk.
Comments & Course records
'Great race, really well organised and very friendly, with fabulous marshals who gave excellent support! Many thanks to all, I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to runners of any ability.'
2018 Oct 27thGolden Leaf 10K
On a crisp autumn morning 185 runners completed the 10 kilometre course in beautiful Battersea Park. Jim Allchin came home first in 31:42 and Rose penfold was the first lady in 37:39. Congratulations to all runners.
2018 Aug 13thHasty Hare 5K 13th August 2018
Our last Monday evening race of the summer attracted 251 runners. The weather has cooled off a little but it is still humid and there was a great atmosphere as the runners lined up at the start. Nicolas Besson was the first person home in 15:54. Lucy Werthem was the first lady in 18:21. We had finishers in the Under 16 age category, Brandon Morrell in 18:14 and Margot Thomas in 19:50. We very happy to welcome Richard Pitcairn-Knowles, 85 years of age, who completed the course in 33:16. Congratulations to all the runners, especially those like Edwin Bartlett who competed in every Monday evening race this season. We look forward to seeing everyone at our October Golden Leaf 10K on Saturday 27th October at 8.30am.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...