London Sri Chinmoy Races
A fun series of races held in Battersea Park throughout the year: Monday evenings and Saturday mornings
About the event
Our Monday night races from June-August: These are 5K races on a fast, flat course, the perfect opportunity to test your speedwork or try out your first race. We also have a thrilling 3 x 1 mile relay - so start forming your team now. Monday evening races all start at 7pm, giving you time to leave work, put your running shoes on and finish your day in style.
Saturday races between March and November: 10K races starting at 8.30am.
We welcome runners of all abilities. Whether you are looking for a PB, maintaining your general fitness or embarking on your first race, we promise you a great atmosphere. Everyone will get a big cheer as they cross the finish line!
For those looking for a slightly bigger challenge, we hold a 24 Hour Track Race at Tooting Bec track each September - one of only two 24 hour track races held in the UK.
We are grateful to Run and Become, Become and Run for sponsoring all our races, and providing many of the marshals! www.runandbecome.com
- Mondays June - Aug
- (see left for dates)
- £6 (£4 Club) + £1 on-the-day entry
- Relay £12/team of 3
- Saturdays throughout year
- (see left for dates)
- £12 (£10 Club) + £1 on-the-day entry
24 Hour Track Race
- 21st-22nd September 2014
- See link at foot of page
- £49 (Club £47)
ContactShankara Smith07734 298024Send Email
- First seven men & women
- First three Vet 50 men & women
- First two Vet 60 men & women
- First Vet 70 man & woman
- All races have UK Athletics Race Permits
- All our courses are UK Athletics Course Accuracy certified
- Results are recognised by Power of 10
- Race courses consist of loops within the Park; flat and traffic free.
- Registration opens an hour before the race, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
- All Races finish at the same point, next to Race HQ on the Carriage Drive South - in the middle of the Rosery Gate Car Park. Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea train stations.
- Start point varies according to the race distance (up to half a mile from Registration)
- All Races are UKA Certified accurate, Permits have been obtained/applied for.
- Water station offers water, orange squash and energy drinks at each lap.
- Baggage can be left safely at Registration.
- There are 3 toilets within the park, the closest to Registration is half mile away, near the start point of most races.
- Showers are available at the Millenium Arena Sports Centre and Track, cost £2.90
- Car Park is free on Monday evenings but costs approx £2 from 9am on Saturdays.
- Prizes are given out shortly after the race.
The HQ, Registration, Bag Drop and Finish Line for all our Races is on the Carriage Drive South - in the middle of the Rosery Gate Car Park. Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - at the junction of Prince of Wales Drive and Queenstown Road - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea Park train stations.
By Car: Enter Battersea Park through Rosery Gate at the South East corner of the park, where Queenstown Road meets Prince of Wales Drive. Proceed to the car park. Postcode is SW11 4BE.
By public transport: Our HQ is a ten minute walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station (both overground lines). When you enter the park turn left at the T-junction just ahead and follow the road for approximately 500 metres to HQ and Registration.
The nearest tube station is Sloane Square which is a 25 minute walk or a 10 minute bus journey from the Race HQ. From Sloane Square you need Stop M where you can take either Bus 137 from Stop: M towards Streatham Hill/Telford Avenue or Bus 452 from towards Wandsworth Road Station. Alight at Sopwith Way and continue along Queenstown Road to the roundabout. Rosary Gate will be on your right.
How to Enter
You can enter in advance online. On the day registration opens at the race HQ in Rosery Gate Car Park one hour before race start. There is a £1 surcharge for on the day entries.
Comments & Course records
'Great race, really well organised and very friendly, with fabulous marshals who gave excellent support! Many thanks to all, I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to runners of any ability.'
2017 Mar 4thMad March 10K 4th March 2017
Our first race of 2017 - the Sri Chinmoy Mad March 10K - saw 113 runners complete the fast course in Battersea Park. Congratulations to Richard Gregory who stormed in ahead of the pack to win in 32:49. Elissa Morris flew in from the Isle of Man to win the Ladies Race in 37:28. Our next race is the Fools Paradise 10K in Battersea Park on 1st April. See you soon!
2016 Nov 26thSri Chinmoy 10K November 26th 2016
On a clear and crisp autumn day 214 runners crossed the finish line on the fast course in Battersea Park. Tony Payne ran a brave race out front to win in 31.47. Lisa Rooney was the first Lady in, in 39.11. Congratulations to everyone!
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...
Other Upcoming Events