London Races in Battersea Park
A fun series of races held in Battersea Park throughout the year: Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
About the event
We are happy to offer several races throughout the year.
We look forward to seeing you at our races. All registration is online. Online registration will close 3 days before the race to allow for race numbers to be mailed out.
Secure bag drop will be available at Race HQ. All items must fit in one bag. A bag tag will be sent out to you with your race number.
A water station will be available but we advise you to please bring your own water.
Grizzly Bear 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 2nd December.
1. Mad March 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 2nd March.
2. Speedy Steeds 5K, 7pm, Tuesday 11th June.
3. Dashing Deer 5K, 7pm, Tuesday 25th June.
4. Kangaroo Hop 5K, 7pm, Tuesday 9th July.
5. Hasty Hare 5K, 7pm, Tuesday 23rd July.
6. Battersea Relays, 7pm, Tuesday 30th July.
7. Green Space 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 3rd August.
8. Golden Leaf 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 16th November.
9. Winter Dash 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 14th December.
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team has been organising races in London since 1981. As a family of running enthusiasts we welcome competitive club runners, seasoned trailblazers, fitness lovers and novices. At all of our races you will experience a warm welcome, a supportive team of dedicated volunteers, efficient and professional race management and flat runner-friendly courses.
Inspiration: Our races focus on giving each runner a good experience: an opportunity to transcend their limits and achieve their personal goals. Our inspiration is Sri Chinmoy (1931-2007), the founder of our Marathon Team, who was not only an avid athlete and pioneer in the world of running and ultra-running races, but a teacher of meditation. He recognised the sport of running as a powerful way to develop concentration, confidence, determination, peace of mind and happiness.
Refund Policy: We are unable to refund cancelled entries but runners are welcome to postpose their entry to a future Sri Chinmoy race of their choice as long as we are notified 10 days before race day. Contact us via email email@example.com
- Registration must be ONLINE.
- Battersea Park Races: £9 (£7 Club)
- Relay £21.00/team of 3
- £13 (£11 Club) Only online registration
24 Hour Track Race
- 21st Sept - 22nd Sep. 2023
- Event page
ContactShankara Smith07734 298024Send Email
- First seven men & women
- First three Vet 50 men & women
- First two Vet 60 men & women
- First Vet 70 man & woman
- All races have UK Athletics Race Permits
- All our courses are UK Athletics Course Accuracy certified
- Results are recognised by Power of 10
- Race courses consist of loops within the Park; flat and traffic free.
- Race HQ opens an hour before the race, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
- On-the-day registration NOT available - please enter ONLINE.
- 10K and 5K all finish on East Carriage Drive near the Athletics Track, where the Race HQ is - near Pear Tree Cafe.
- Race HQ for 10K and 5K races: https://w3w.co/places.keen.daily
- The Battersea Relays are held along the South Carriage Drive - the HQ will be at the Start just inside Rosery Gate: https://w3w.co/saves.line.treat Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea train stations.
- Start point varies according to the race distance (up to 400m from Registration)
- Parking is available in Rosery Gate Car Park or Chelsea Gate Car Park.
- All Races are UKA Certified accurate, Permits have been obtained/applied for.
- Water station at course-side offers water
- Please bring a bottle of water with you for post-race.
- There are 3 toilets within the park, the closest to Registration is 400m away close to the Bandstand.
- Showers at the Millennium Arena Sports Centre and Track (http://enablelc.org/bpma), approx cost £3.00
- Car Park is free on Monday evenings but costs approx £3 from 9am on Saturdays.
Location & Parking
Find us next to the cafe and opposite Millennium Arena running track on East Carriage Drive SW11 4NJ. The Relay HQ is different - adjacent to Rosary Gate Car Park.
Accessible from Rosary Gate at junction of Queenstown Road and Prince of Wales Drive, turn right as you enter the park. Postcode of Rosery Gate.
Alternatively enter via Chelsea Gate on Queenstown Road and use the path immediately inside the gate on the left to come around the back of the running track.
The HQ and Finish Line for all our 10K and 5K races is on the Carriage Drive East - near the Millenium Arena Athletics Track.
By Car: Enter Battersea Park through Rosery Gate at the South East corner of the park, where Queenstown Road meets Prince of Wales Drive or at Chelsea Gate at the North East corner of the park. Proceed to East Carriage Drive on foot (5 minutes to Race HQ). Postcode is SW11 4BE.
Parking is free Monday evenings, costs around £3 on Saturday mornings (Parkmobile.co.uk)
By Train: Our HQ is a ten minute walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station (both overground lines). When you enter the park at Rosery Gate turn right at the T-junction just ahead and follow the road for approximately 300 metres to HQ and Registration.
By Tube and Bus: The nearest Tube station is Sloane Square (District and Circle Line). From Sloane Square Tube station walk 3 minutes to Lower Sloane Street and take Bus 137 from stop M. Get off after 3 stops at Chelsea Bridge (just over the bridge). Cross the road and enter the park (Chelsea Gate) turn immediately left down the path beside the railings, keep straight along the path till it comes out behind the athletics track, a bit further along it joins the Carriage Drive and our HQ is to the right. (SW11 4NJ) 10 min walk.
5K Course Records:
- Men under 50: 14:14 Self Jamaal, London Heathside
- Women under 50: 16:00 Lucy Reid, Tonbridge AC
- Men 50-59: 16:09 Mark Symes, Aldershot Farnham & D
- Women 50-59: 17:48 Clare Elms, Dulwich R
- Men 60-69: 17:36 Koji Miyazaki, Aldershot Farnham & D
- Women 60-69: 19:47 Liz Killip, Stragglers AC
- Men 70-79: 21:14 Andrew Roberts, Serpentine
- Women 70-70: 25:13 Sue Lambert, Serpentine
- Men 80-89: 26:15 Cliff Collins, Vets AC
- Women 80-89: 27:51 Penny Elliott, Waverley H
10K Course Records:
- Men under 50: 29:13 Self Jamaal, London Heathside
- Women under 50: 33:14 Rose Harvey, Clapham Chasers
- Men 50-59: 32:38 Simon Baynes, Thames Hare & Hounds
- Women 50-59: 37:54 Susan McDonald, South London H
- Men 60-69: 36:18 Dave Cox, Woodford Green
- Women 60-69: 41:51 Jacky Balfour, Stragglers
- Men 70-79: 42:25 Ron Cattle, Birmingham RC
- Women 70-79: 51:59 Pam Clarke, Sutton Runners
- Men 80+ 61:03 Joe Aspinall, Vets AC
3X1 Mile Relay Course Records
- Men's Team: 13:21 Liam White, Andy Vernon, Kevin Quinn
- Women's Team: 15:29 Rose Penfold, Jackie Skinner, Jessica Saunders
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...