London Races in Battersea Park
A fun series of races held in Battersea Park throughout the year: Monday evenings and Saturday mornings.
About the event
We are delighted to announce that we will be offering 8 races in Battersea Park in 2021.
Due to the present conditions, It is necessary for all runners to register online. Online registration will close 7 days before the race to allow for race numbers to be mailed out.
Secure bag drop will be available at Race HQ. All items must fit in one bag. A bag tag will be sent out to you with your race number.
Please bring your own water.
1. Speedy Steeds 5K, 7pm, Monday 7th June.
2. Dashing Deer 5K, 7pm, Monday 14th June.
3. Kangaroo Hop 5K, 7pm, Monday 21st June.
4. Silver Starling 5K, 7pm, Monday 12th July.
5. Green Space 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 17th July
6. Hasty Hare 5K, 7pm, Monday 2nd August.
7. Autumn Dawn 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 23rd October.
8. Golden Leaf 10K, 8:30am, Saturday 20th November.
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team has been organising races in London since 1981. As a family of running enthusiasts we welcome competitive club runners, seasoned trailblazers, fitness lovers and novices. At all of our races you will experience a warm welcome, a supportive team of dedicated volunteers, efficient and professional race management and flat runner-friendly courses.
Inspiration: Our races focus on giving each runner a good experience: an opportunity to transcend their limits and achieve their personal goals. Our inspiration is Sri Chinmoy (1931-2007), the founder of our Marathon Team, who was not only an avid athlete and pioneer in the world of running and ultra-running races, but a teacher of meditation. He recognised the sport of running as a powerful way to develop concentration, confidence, determination, peace of mind and happiness.
Refund Policy: We are unable to refund cancelled entries but runners are welcome to postpose their entry to a future Sri Chinmoy race of their choice as long as we are notified 2 weeks before race day. Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration must be ONLINE.
- Battersea Park Races: £8 (£6 Club)
- Relay £19.50/team of 3
- £13 (£11 Club) Only online registration
24 Hour Track Race
- 18th-19th September 2021
- Event page
ContactShankara Smith07734 298024Send Email
- First seven men & women
- First three Vet 50 men & women
- First two Vet 60 men & women
- First Vet 70 man & woman
- All races have UK Athletics Race Permits
- All our courses are UK Athletics Course Accuracy certified
- Results are recognised by Power of 10
- Race courses consist of loops within the Park; flat and traffic free.
- Race HQ opens an hour before the race, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
- On-the-day registration NOT available - please enter ONLINE.
- 10K and 5K all finish on East Carriage Drive near the Athletics Track, where the Race HQ is - near Pear Tree Cafe.
- The Battersea Relays are held along the South Carriage Drive - the HQ will be at the Start just inside Rosery Gate. Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea train stations.
- Start point varies according to the race distance (up to 400m from Registration)
- Parking is available in Rosery Gate Car Park or Chelsea Gate Car Park.
- All Races are UKA Certified accurate, Permits have been obtained/applied for.
- Water station at course-side offers water
- Please bring a bottle of water with you for post-race.
- There are 3 toilets within the park, the closest to Registration is 400m away close to the Bandstand.
- Showers at the Millennium Arena Sports Centre and Track (http://enablelc.org/bpma), approx cost £3.00
- Car Park is free on Monday evenings but costs approx £3 from 9am on Saturdays.
Location & Parking
Find us next to the cafe and opposite Millennium Arena running track on East Carriage Drive SW11 4NJ.
Accessible from Rosary Gate at junction of Queenstown Road and Prince of Wales Drive, turn right as you enter the park. Postcode of Rosery Gate.
Alternatively enter via Chelsea Gate on Queenstown Road and use the path immediately inside the gate on the left to come around the back of the running track.
The HQ and Finish Line for all our 10K and 5K races is on the Carriage Drive East - near the Millenium Arena Athletics Track.
By Car: Enter Battersea Park through Rosery Gate at the South East corner of the park, where Queenstown Road meets Prince of Wales Drive or at Chelsea Gate at the North East corner of the park. Proceed to East Carriage Drive on foot (5 minutes to Race HQ). Postcode is SW11 4BE.
Parking is free Monday evenings, costs around £3 on Saturday mornings (Parkmobile.co.uk)
By Train: Our HQ is a ten minute walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station (both overground lines). When you enter the park at Rosery Gate turn right at the T-junction just ahead and follow the road for approximately 300 metres to HQ and Registration.
By Tube and Bus: The nearest Tube station is Sloane Square (District and Circle Line). From Sloane Square Tube station walk 3 minutes to Lower Sloane Street and take Bus 137 from stop M. Get off after 3 stops at Chelsea Bridge (just over the bridge). Cross the road and enter the park (Chelsea Gate) turn immediately left down the path beside the railings, keep straight along the path till it comes out behind the athletics track, a bit further along it joins the Carriage Drive and our HQ is to the right. (SW11 4NJ) 10 min walk.
5K Course Records:
- Men under 50: 14:34 Nicolas Torry, Serpentine
- Women under 50: 16:28 Sophie Harris, Belgrave Harriers
- Men 50-59: 16:25 Terry Booth, Guildford & Godalming
- Women 50-59: 17:21 Alice Riddell-Webster, Redditch & Bromsgrove
- Men 60-69: 18:17 Michael Bridgend, Chelmsford AC
- Women 60-69: 19:47 Liz Killip, Stragglers AC
- Men 70-79: 21:16 Michael Mann, Dulwich Runners
- Women 70-70: 25:13 Sue Lambert, Serpentine
- Men 80-89: 26:15 Cliff Collins, Vets AC
10K Course Records:
- Men under 50: 29:41 Malcolm Hicks, New Zealand
- Women under 50: 34:10 Una English, Havering Mayesbrook
- Men 50-59: 34:31 Tony Tuohy, Dulwich Runners
- Women 50-59: 37:54 Susan McDonald, South London H
- Men 60-69: 36:18 Dave Cox, Woodford Green
- Women 60-69: 46:32 Michele Coe-O'Brien, South London H
- Men 70-79: 44:27 Michael Lehmann, Serpentine
- Women 70-79: 59:04 Phil Kelvin, Serpentine
- Men 80+ 61:03 Joe Aspinall, Vets AC
2021 Oct 23rdAUTUMN DAWN 10K
135 runners completed the Autumn Dawn 10K.
In excellent race conditions, Chris Wright stormed in to win in 31:33. The first woman was Caoimhe Nic Fhogartaigh in 36:56. We also saw 2 new course records: in our W Vet 60 age group, Michele Coe-O'Brien recorded 46:32; and Phil Kelvin recorded 59:04 in the W Vet 70 category.
Congratulations to all the runners!
2021 Aug 2ndHasty Hare 5K
On a moderately warm summer's evening, 222 runners crossed the finish line in the Sri Chinmoy Hasty Hare 5K. Luc Jolly was first in 15:13 followed by Ian Williamson in 15:15.
Beth Hawling was the first woman in 16:57 followed by Elle Roche in 17:01.
Congratulations to all the runners!
2021 Jul 17thGREEN SPACE 10K
After all the rain and flooding we had only 5 days ago, it was a beautiful sunny morning in Battersea Park for the Green Space 10K.
Nick Bowker was first in 31:23 followed very closely by Edward Chuck in 31:25.
Clapham Chasers supplied the winner of the Womens race as well: Rose Harvey in 33:36.
Congratulations to all the runners.