Peace Run 5K Race and 2.5K Fun Run @ The National Botanic Garden of Wales
The most beautiful 5K Race in Wales!
About the event
Our Peace Run event took place on Sunday 13th March 2016 - results are now online and you can see photos on the Sri Chinmoy Races Flickr site:
- Scenic course on roads and surfaced paths through the garden and around the lakes.
- Held before the Garden opens – traffic free and pedestrian-free!
- ENTRY FEES:
- 5K Race - £7.00 (£5 for UKA affiliated athletes)
- Fun Run - £2.00 (FREE for junior runners and all runners in flower-themed Fancy Dress - email us for details)
- Sponsored by Run and Become, Cardiff's specialist running shop
- Suitable for runners of all levels & abilities
- Supporters and Spectators welcome (runners' friends and family get free entry to the Garden for the duration of the event)
- Plentiful Free parking close to start
- Medals and Goody Bags for ALL runners
International guest runners - meet the team from the world’s longest relay, The Peace Run
- Number pickup on the day from 8am – Race Start at 9am.
- On-the-day entries to both 5K and Fun Run will be accepted if space is available - please contact Race Director to check before travelling.
All enquiries to [email protected] or 07702 410797. Minimum age 11 for 5K, 9 for Fun Run.
- £7 (£5 for affiliated athletes)
The Peace Run 5K is being held to celebrate the visit of the world's longest relay run - the Oneness-Home Peace Run - to Wales. Runners from all over the world will be taking part, so come and join us for a friendly 5K with a truly international feel at the beautiful National Botanic Garden of Wales, a few miles outside of Carmarthen.
The course starts at Garden Reception and comprises 2 laps of 2.5K - the loop takes in the walled garden, fountains and water features, a lap of the iconic Glasshouse, tranquil lakeside paths and magnificent views across the hills of Carmarthenshire. Held before the garden opens, this race will be on an entirely traffic free route and the only other people in the Gardens will be runners' friends and supporters.
As the course is narrow in places we are limiting entry numbers so sign up soon to guarantee a place! A one-lap 2.5K fun run will be held alongside the 5K and is open to runners aged 9 and up who want to enjoy a run around the gardens without taking part in a timed race. The Fun Run is FREE for all junior runners and any runners wearing flower-themed fancy dress!
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...