London Self Transcendence Races
A fun series of races held in Battersea Park throughout the year: Monday evenings and Saturday mornings
About the event
Our Monday night races from May-August: These are short distances on a fast, flat course ranging from 2 miles to 5K, the perfect opportunity to test your speedwork or try out your first race. We also have two thrilling 3 x 1 mile relays - so start forming your team now. Monday evening races all start at 7pm, giving you time to leave work, put your running shoes on and finish your day in style. There are a few Monday's in June when there's no race due to other events in the Park.
Saturday races between March and November: longer distances of 10K or 10 Miles. They start early at 8am - but think how energised you'll feel when you have completed a race by 9am on a Saturday morning! The November 10K starts half an hour later, 8.30am.
We welcome runners of all abilities. Whether you are looking for a PB, maintaining your general fitness or embarking on your first race, we promise you a great atmosphere. Everyone will get a big cheer as they cross the finish line!
For those looking for a slightly bigger challenge, we hold a 24 Hour Track Race at Tooting Bec track each September - one of only two 24 hour track races held in the UK.
We are grateful to Run and Become, Become and Run for sponsoring all our races, and providing many of the marshals! www.runandbecome.com
- Mondays June - Aug
- (see left for dates)
- £6 (£4 UKA Club members)
- Relay £12/team of 3
- Saturdays throughout year
- (see left for dates)
- £10 (£8 Club) + £1 on-the-day entry
24 Hour Track Race
- 21st-22nd September 2014
- See link at foot of page
- £49 (Club £47)
ContactShankara Smith07734 298024Send Email
- First seven men & women
- First three Vet 50 men & women
- First two Vet 60 men & women
- First Vet 70 man & woman
- All races have UK Athletics Race Permits
- All our courses are UK Athletics Course Accuracy certified
- Results are recognised by Power of 10
- Race courses consist of loops within the Park; flat and traffic free.
- Registration opens an hour before the race, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
- All Races finish at the same point, next to Race HQ on the Carriage Drive South - in the middle of the Rosary Gate Car Park. Rosary Gate is at the South East corner of the park - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea train stations.
- Start point varies according to the race distance (up to half a mile from Registration)
- All Races are UKA Certified accurate, Permits have been obtained/applied for.
- Water station offers water, orange squash and energy drinks at each lap.
- Baggage can be left safely at Registration.
- There are 3 toilets within the park, the closest to Registration is half mile away, near the start point of most races.
- Showers are available at the Millenium Arena Sports Centre and Track, cost £2.70
- Car Park is free on Monday evenings but costs £2 from 9am on Saturdays.
- Medals/Trophies are given out shortly after the race.
The HQ, Registration, Bag Drop and Finish Line for all our Races is on the Carriage Drive South - in the middle of the Rosery Gate Car Park. Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - at the junction of Prince of Wales Drive and Queenstown Road - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea Park train stations.
By Car: Enter Battersea Park through Rosary Gate at the South East corner of the park, where Queenstown Road meets Prince of Wales Drive. Proceed to the car park.
By public transport: Our HQ is a ten minute walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station (both overground lines). When you enter the park turn left at the T-junction just ahead and follow the road for approximately 500 metres to HQ and Registration.
The nearest tube station is Sloane Square which is a 25 minute walk or a 10 minute bus journey from the Race HQ. From Sloane Square you need Stop M where you can take either Bus 137 from Stop: M towards Streatham Hill/Telford Avenue or Bus 452 from towards Wandsworth Road Station. Alight at Sopwith Way and continue along Queenstown Road to the roundabout. Rosary Gate will be on your right.
Call: 0207 222 1314 weekdays, 07734 298024 evenings.
Comments & Course records
'Great race, really well organised and very friendly, with fabulous marshals who gave excellent support! Many thanks to all, I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to runners of any ability.'
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...
Other Upcoming Events