Battersea Park Races
WELCOME to Sri Chinmoy AC - London
We organise a series of races in London's beautiful Battersea Park throughout the year (please see fixture list below).
In June we start our popular Monday night races, which continue every week through to August. These are short distances on a fast, flat course ranging from 2 miles to 5 kilometres, the perfect opportunity to test your speedwork. We also have two thrilling 3 x 1 mile relays - so start forming your team now. Monday evening races all start at 7pm, giving you time to leave work, put your running shoes on and finish your day in style.
Between March and November we have Saturday races, longer distances of up to 10 Miles. They start early at 8am - but think how energised you'll feel when you have completed a race by 9am on a Saturday morning!
For those looking for a slightly bigger challenge we hold a 24 Hour Track Race at Tooting Bec track each September - one of only two 24 hour track races held in the UK.
We welcome runners of all abilities. Whether you are looking for a PB or just maintaining your general fitness we promise you a great atmosphere. Everyone will get a big cheer as they cross the finish line!
We are grateful to Run and Become, Become and Run for sponsoring all our races, and providing many of the marshals! www.runandbecome.com
The HQ, Registration, Bag Drop and Finish Line for all our Races is on the Carriage Drive South - in the middle of the Rosery Gate Car Park. Rosery Gate is at the South East corner of the park - at the junction of Prince of Wales Drive and Queenstown Road - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea Park train stations.
FIXTURE LIST 2013
(For results click on the race title)
|Saturday 2nd March||Self Transcendence 10 Miles||8.00 am||SMA|
|Saturday 23rd March||Self Transcendence 10K||8.00 am||SKA|
|Monday 3rd June||Self Transcendence 5K||7.00 pm||M5A|
|Monday 10th June||Self Transcendence 5K||7.00 pm||M5B|
|Saturday 15th June||Self Transcendence 10K||8.00 am||SKB|
|Monday 17th June||Self Transcendence 2 Miles||7.00 pm||M2A|
|Monday 24th June||Self Transcendence 5K||7.00 pm||M5C|
|Monday 1st July||Self Transcendence 5K||7.00 pm||M5D|
|Monday 8th July||Self Transcendence RELAY||7.00 pm||R3A|
|Saturday 13th July||Self Transcendence 10K||8.00 am||SKC|
|Monday 15th July||Self Transcendence 2 Miles||7.00 pm||M2B|
|Monday 22nd July||Self Transcendence 5K||7.00 pm||M5E|
|Monday 29th July||Self Transcendence 5K||7.00 pm||M5F|
|Saturday 3rd August||Self Transcendence 10K||8.00 am||SKD|
|Monday 5th August||Self Transcendence RELAY||7.00 pm||R3B|
|Saturday 19th October||Self Transcendence 10K||8.00 am||SKE|
|Saturday 9th November||Self Transcendence 10 Miles||8.00 am||SMB|
|Saturday 30th November||Self Transcendence 10K||8.30 am||SKF|
24 Hour Track Race 2012:
24 Hour Race 2013 will be held on 21/22 September at Tooting Bec
- 2012 Race Results
- 2011 Race Results
- 2010 Race Results
- Course Records Saturday Races
- Course Records Monday Races
- Comments from runners who have run in our races
General Information on the Self-Transcendence Races, Battersea Park
- Race courses consist of loops within the Park; flat and traffic free.
- All Races finish at the same point, next to Race HQ on the Carriage Drive South - in the middle of the Rosary Gate Car Park. Rosary Gate is at the South East corner of the park - a short walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea train stations.
- Start point varies according to the race distance (up to half a mile from Registration)
- All Races are UKA Certified accurate, Permits have been obtained/applied for.
- Water station offers water, orange squash and energy drinks at each lap.
- Baggage can be left safely at Registration.
- There are 3 toilets within the park, the closest to Registration is half mile away.
- Showers are available at the Millenium Arena Sports Centre and Track, cost £2.70
- Car Park is free on Monday evenings but costs £2 from 9am on Saturdays.
For more information click on a link below:
The founder of our club, Sri Chinmoy (1931 - 2007) set up our international running club over 45 years ago and inspired us not only to take part in races and achieve our best, but also to organise races all over the world. He encouraged ultra distance running when there were very few events available and oversaw the creation of 6 and 10 day races, leading up to the 3100 mile race that takes place every summer in New York. Sri Chinmoy AC will continue to organise races of all distances and for all abilities, and will strive to continue along the path of inspiration and service as Sri Chinmoy taught us.